Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Intentions

"Please to meet you............Won't you guess my name," as Jagger so cryptically phrased it in the song, 'Sympathy For The Devil'. Of course Mick was referring to himself as the Devil and I of course am nothing more than a mere man penning his thoughts (or rather typing them) onto a lit monitor screen that sits 18" from my eyes. The similarities end there.
Like most songwriters I can be quite cryptic in my wording, I find it entertaining to playfully manipulate what would normally be a common sense opinion into a more dramatic and mysterious cause for debate. Some of my own song lyrics reflect this. I also think that most readers and music listeners enjoy deciphering a meaning from a poem or song that they themselves can better relate to. This is not to say that I am not also straight forward in my conveyances. I can be extremely blunt when the need arises.
I am a rather opinionated man which my wife of 15 years will attest to. We've butted heads on many occasion over different points of view. I do not care to admit how many times my foot has been less than delicately placed in my mouth. Let's just say that I my taste buds have grown accustomed to the flavor of Gold Bond.
Regardless of my headstrong nature, like anyone with a conscience, I have a need to express myself in anyway that suites the moment. Whether it be through drawing, poetry, music or writing blogs to be published to the world. It is a human passion that can not be suppressed although many have tried and many are still trying ( but that is a rant for another day).

No comments: